Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a double door active smart fridge that is beeping

Customer Question
when I open door but...
I have a double door active smart fridge that is beeping when I open door but not every time. On the front control panel it comes up with the fault number F20
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It's about 3.5 years old french door model with water cooler on control panel, it doesn't have model number on it at all, freezer draw on the bottom, stainless flat front
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: First of all want to know what F20 fault means then probably get somebody to fix once I know what it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What is F20 fault
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/4/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

F20 means that there is a problem with the defrost system. The temperature sensor and the element comprised in the defrost system must be tested. Testing is done removing the firewall panel (usually in the freezer compartment in F&P) and accessing the parts. Parts are tested reading impedance with a multimeter. The test will determine if element is open or if the temperature sensor is open at room temperature to find out if any of the two parts must be replaced. Voltage to element must also be tested.

Try performing a manual defrost. Remove all food and disconnect the fridge overnight. If the problem does not come back, then the fault was probably a temporary malfunction. If the defrost system is faulty the problem may come back after a couple of days, when the defrost system restart malfunctioning.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I would rather get the technician round with the parts then if required it can be fixed at the same time otherwise it is multiple visits. Can you help or do I need to ring F&P for technician to come out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
see my last question please
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Well if you are wanting someone to come out then you will need to contact F&P but if you are trying to figure this out and repair it with my assistance online I can do that with you.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I wanted to check in with you to see how everything was going? I wanted to see if you needed any further assistance.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb