John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool washer abut 3-4 years old. I put a load

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer abut 3-4 years old. I put a load in, and then noticed that a motor is running, but no lights on the cycles nor does water enter the tub. Might it be that yesterday we put a very uneven load in, and that unbalanced the washes? In any case nothing happens, and now no light turns on even thought there is a motor running. Thanks for any reply.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model WTW4800801 - 3-4 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Most likely not, except to open the back and see what is running and if any problems is visible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Whatever is appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

You may need to reboot the electronic control board.

lets unplug the unit for 5 minutes then plug it back in and see what happens .

let me know.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?