John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Just got a inverter microwave model # NN-SD767W or SD767B,

Customer Question

just got a inverter microwave model # NN-SD767W or SD767B, not sure which. It won't go!! Doing the simplest thing, i.e heating something for less than a minute, when pressed, it only works for approx 3 secs and then stops. Is there something I am overlooking that I should have done when I installed it? I am used to this product, It has just replaced our previous inverter model.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: We live on Salt Spring Island and product was purchased at Hudson's Bay in Victoria. To return it, do I send it to them or you? Thanks, Alan.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since we had it delivered on Wednesday, 2 days ago. As for trouble shooting, don't know where to start!!
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

What does the display do when it stops? Does it reset or what exactly happens?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I hit the quick min button than the start button it runs for 2 seconds and stops. It then reverts back to the normal dial features. The only thing that works is the clock!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why should I pay you $32.00 to have you confirm that the product is defective? Can't we just get to the point of this? I am running out of patience. Nothing personal in this. Alan
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think I am going to call Hudson's Bay and hear what they say I should do. I understand what you are trying to do and the need to cover your own expenses re giving info which can be chargeable. However, I feel you should simplify this method. Having continuous charges being shown as I ask a simply question is confusing. When something is defective, I feel I should not be charged for you to tell me that. Alan
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It resets and shows the correct time.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As I haven't heard anything since the 4th nov, I am returning the appliance to Hudson Bay.