Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Washer not working maytag model year 2002 model number

Customer Question
LAT9356AAE...
washer not working maytag model year 2002 model number LAT9356AAE
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/4/2016
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your washer. Please give me a moment to review your model.

What specific issue are you experiencing with your washer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
seems like no power I checked and its getting power

Have you tried all parts of the cycle? Fill, agitate, spin, etc?

When you close the lid slowly, do you hear the click o the lid switch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

Ok, then check the button that the door pushes when you close it. If it is sticking out and can be pushed in and it comes back out, I would replace the lid switch. It is under the console. Let me get that part number for you.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/WP22004243/1032933

If the button does not come back out and is stuck in the "in" position, then you need to replace this:

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Spring/WP213720/4430914

It is under the lid.

Here is a video that shows you how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OkaKORUHEc

Is there anything else I can help with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
does this switch keep water from filling tub no water coming in either

That is a good question. I have not worked on this model for about 5 years. I will open this up to other experts for input.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will u have a response today
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello another expert here. Now you said that water is not filling in the tub and the door is not locking? (making the clicking sound)

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

What has happened is your lid switch assembly has failed and will need to be replaced.

With the door not locking that is why the water is not filling and the cycle is not beginning. This is an easy fix and you can certainly do it yourself. This company also ships very quickly and you will be back to normal.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I wanted to check in with you to see how everything was going? I wanted to see if you needed any further assistance.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb