Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE Spacemaker XL 1800 Model JVM1850wd002. I have

Customer Question

I have a GE Spacemaker XL 1800 Model JVM1850wd002. I have had no problems since it was purchased and today it was used several times and tonight I went to use it and it ran and sounded OK but one problem it stopped heating contents. I put a cup of water in for a minute and water came out cold. So that's my problem. Hope you can help .Thanks Adam
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My microwave is a 2002 GE spacemaker XL 1800 Model JVM1850WD002
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I work on my cars and I have repaired my ice cube problems on my refrigerator with tech help. I would like to repair my micro wave if possible. I would like to asses the problem and to see what the cost may be to repair it. My microwave is a 2002 as mentioned.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think I gave you all the necessary info.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You likely have a bad magnetron tube on the unit. That is the part that does the heating. Here is a link to the part and a helpful video to do the repair if you want to fix it.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!