How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just bought a house with an older AEG double oven and

Customer Question

I just bought a house with an older AEG double oven and suspect the convection oven may need calibrating. It takes longer to cook than I would think a convection oven should. Can you find anyone to work on older AEG ovens in Georgia?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have the manuel and it is a Model BH88 DG and has a date written on it of Oct 1980
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know if I can, but I've learned to do a lot more that I thought I could on other things?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am in Athens, GA USA
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Matthew replied 11 months ago.

In order to troubleshoot or calibrate your oven you will need an oven safe thermometer. Let your oven come to a temperature you commonly cook at and compare your setting to the thermometer. Let me know what your results are and we can go from there. Thanks!