Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My Kenmore refrigerator is not cooling properly, bought2012,

Customer Question

my Kenmore refrigerator is not cooling properly
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: bought2012
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: although it is set on colder,the temperature does not go below22 degrees fah. and regulatly goes up to 29
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First thing to do is check and make sure the fan motor in the freezer is running and the fan motor on the rear of the unit by the compressor if the compressor is running both fans should be as well. If the fans check out then you will need to remove the back panel of the freezer compartment and look at the frost pattern on the evaporator coil it should have a light frost all the way up and down the coil from top to bottom. If the coil is covered in ice then the unit has a defrost issue and the defrost system will need to be repaired, if not and the frost pattern is not down the entire coil then the unit has a sealed system issue meaning it has a freon leak or a restriction and that is no a do it yourself repair you would need to have a licensed refrigeration technician make that repair. Let me know what you find, in the meantime please read below, thanks.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.