Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I purchased a Kenmore refrig. April 19 this year and to date

Customer Question

I purchased a Kenmore refrig. April 19 this year and to date they have put in 5 ice makers and none have worked...what can I do do get this "lemon" out of my house?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I just bought it April 14, 2016. It is at my cottage at the lake...it is a Kenmore upright that I paid $637.86 for plus the ice maker.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just want to get a refrig. that works with an ice maker...this one keeps knocking out every ice maker they have put in it! So there has to be something wrong with the refrig. electrical system don't you think?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

If the unit is that new and still covered under warranty you need to call the company that sold you the unit or the manufacturer and tell them you have had it worked on x amount of times under warranty for the same issue and they will replace the unit with a new one. They are suppose to offer you a replacement unit after having been out for the same issue 3 times or more about the same problem.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.