How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found a rectangular plastic piece in my dishwasher,

Customer Question

I just found a rectangular plastic piece in my dishwasher, partially melted on the drying element, with part number PP-TD20/TEO on it. Looks like it came off the pipe attached to the top rack, where the water supply hose inserts into the plastic housing to supply water to the rotating washer element.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Its a Maytag. I didn't check the model number and I did not run a diagnostic test cycle.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Looks like I just need to snap the replacement part back into place, so I would say yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm not sure where this part came from, but I don't know where else it would fit.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Can you please grab me that model number it should be located on the inside of the door.