Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Maytag 2000 washer often displays the LF code. I've read

Customer Question
that I need to check...
My Maytag 2000 washer often displays the LF code. I've read that I need to check the screens at the back. My dryer is stacked on top of the washer. Will it be easy to get at the hoses?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'm guessing 4 years old. Mo. MHWE201YW00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe--will try first. Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It sometimes hppens and sometimes doesn't. I wash mostly on the short quick cycle as it does in on this the least. I have well water and it does get silt in it at times. Our odler waher needed the screens cleaned often-it was easy. Just don't now about this one. Getting the dryer off the top will be impossible for me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So you are correct that this issue has to do with the washer not thinking it's filling fast enough. The firs thing you'll need to do is pull the washer forward, turn the water off, and disconnect the fill hoses from the back of the washer. There are screens right on the receptacles on the back of your washer which your fill hoses connect to. Make sure the screens aren't plugged up and if so, flush them out with a squirt bottle and q-tip. Other than that, make sure you have good water pressure from your house going to the washer.

If you still have problems and everything that I mentioned before checks good, you have a bad water valve and the valve would need to be replaced. This would require the dryer being removed off the top of your washer so you can remove the top panel of your washer to reach down inside and replace the valve.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc