Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool washer, model LLR6144BQ0, agitator intermittently

Customer Question

Whirlpool washer, model LLR6144BQ0, agitator intermittently skips .
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Washer is about 10 years old. Model No. is LLR6144BQO, Stock No. is LLR6144B, Serial No. is CD2345634.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Please explain what you are seeing exactly? Does it only skip going one direction? etc... Does the bottom skip as well as the top part or just the top part?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know, it is in my sons house. Only comment is that the agitator skip. Could be both.

OK well most likely you just have stripped out agitator dogs and they need to be replaced---common maintenance for this unit. Below is a link to the kit you'd need to replace as well as a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for part

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.