John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Maytag 25 cu ft French Door, Bottom freezer w/Ice

Customer Question

We have a Maytag 25 cu ft French Door, Bottom freezer w/Ice maker in the freezer compartment that has quit making ice. This model was purchase around 3 years ago. We defrosted freezer completely & then started it up again, but it only produced ice for about 5 days and then stopped again. We did the same thing, but now it will not produce ice at all. My husband has checked line & it should be good.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When was the last time you changed the water filter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We do not have an exterior water filter -my husband said that there isn't a way to get into the outside of the unit where the water goes into the machine.

What is the model number of your maytag. The water filter should kind of look like a metal like water bottle that screws into the unit somewhere.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model # MFF 2558VEB8
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model # MFF 2558VEB8- do we need to remove the unit in order to see the filter??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model # MFF 2558VEB8- do we need to remove the unit in order to see the filter??are you getting my messages? Call me at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Forget this. I wish to not accept your reply & terminate this conversation - Not allowing any more funds to be authorized on my credit card for this transaction.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please allow me to end this conversation and send me confirmation that my credit card is not being charged more than the original $5.00 agreed to.