Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I've been trying to fix a samsung front loader washer for a

Customer Question

Hi there..I've been trying to fix a samsung front loader washer for a friend of mine for quite awhile to no avail..just wondering if someone that has worked on them more than I have might have some advice :)
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: oh about a month or so
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yep..I've already replaced several parts on it myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model number WF330ANB/XAA05 .. I've already replaced all 4 shock absorbers, the tub bearings and seal, checked the spider shaft assembly for cracks, and replaced the balancing ring. The problem its having is it shakes bad on the way up the high speed spinning and on the way back down as well
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: the model number is ***** the above message
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The actual issue is in the spider support itself, Samsung uses a hollow core support and the rungs get filled with sludge and corrosion causing the tub to always go out of balance. You would need to replace that main rear support to fix that issue. It is common and I have personally run into it many times.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your response. So you're saying even though the spider support was cleaned thoroughly and has no structural damage, it can still cause it be out of balance?

Yes the spider support legs are hollow often if you spin the drum slowly you will hear what sounds like water or stuff dropping in the spider legs and that is the issue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok, I will go ahead and replace the spider

OK keep me posted

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced the spider assembly, and the washer is still shaking like it was before