How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, restaurant equipment technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 25 year old Gaggenau gas stove top. One of the

Customer Question

I have a 25 year old Gaggenau gas stove top. One of the valves is sticky. What's the solution and if it requires a technician please supply name of qualified firm in Greater Vancouver if Gaggenua does not so the work. Thanks
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. If you look at the aluminum flange that is on the front of the valve, you'll see two phillips head screw. After shutting the gas to the oven off, remove the screws, and pull gently on the valve stem, until the ported cone comes out. Be sure to make a ink mark on both pieces, so you will reinstall the cone correctly. Using paint or lacquer thinner, wipe both the cone and the inner valve surfaces clean. Reassemble the valve, and turn it to the on position. It should turn as easily as before. If it does not, purchase a tube of gas valve grease at a good hardware store, and coat both surfaces with a thin film of grease.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Incidentally, I found the replacement gas valve. It costs $222, so let's try to get yours working again.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

More news on the control valve. Bosch, the part maker, has discontinued production. If you think you need a replacement part, go to, and order part number 371386. It' the only one I can find online.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help, before your request times out? If not, please take a moment to rate my service to you. Thank you.