John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I PURCHASED A WASHER DRYER SET FROM SEARS 3 YEARS AGO. I HAD

Customer Question

I PURCHASED A WASHER DRYER SET FROM SEARS 3 YEARS AGO. I HAD AN EXTENDED WARRANTY UP TO OCTOBER 4TH. LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AFTER THE WARRANTY WAS UP YHE DRYER DIED. AND I MEAN DIED. IT HAS NO LIGHTS NO SOUNDS NOTHING. I CONTACTED SEARS TO SEE IF THERE WAS A GRACE PERIOD AND OF COURSE THEY SAID NO. I HAD A SET OF MAYTAG APPLIANCES YEARS AGO AND THEY WERE A TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP. WHAT POSSESSES ME TO BUY ANOTHER SET OF MAYTAG IS BEYOND ME. I REALLY THINK THAT A DRYER SHOULD DEFINITELY LAST MORE THAN 3 YEARS. I TRIED ALL THE SUGGESTIONS AND NOTHING WORKED. I THINK THAT A REPUTABLE COMPANY WOULD EXTEND THE WARRANTY A LOUSY COUPLE OF WEEKS. I NEED TO HAVE SOMETHING DONE ABOUT THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: IT WAS PURCHASED JULY 3 YEARS AGO. THE MODEL # IS XMED 4200BG0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN AND THIS DRYER WAS SUPPOSED TO LAST ME TILL I DIED. AND BELIEVE THIS STRESS IS DRIVING ME TO THE GRAVE. I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO COME IN TO DO THIS.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ALL I KNOW IS THAT IT IS NOT WORKING. THE SEARS PEOPLE SAID IT WOULD COST 99.00 FOR THE FIRST 1 MINUTES AND 29.00 FOR EACH FIFTEEN MINUTES AFTER. THEY COULD STRETCH IT TO 3 HOURS. I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY FOR THAT AND I SHOULDNT NOT SUCH A NEW MACHINE.
JA: The Appliance Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT JUST ANSWER IS.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Have you confirmed you have power to the unit?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

OK so nothing is lights up at all?