Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Mice have eaten wires in the back to the oven dial we can

Customer Question

mice have eaten wires in the back to the oven dial we can turn on the broiler but
not the oven. Is it worth [cost wise] to have all that replaced and what would be
a general cost estimate Thank you Lynn
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If that is the only damage they did it would be worth repairing, but honestly if they got up there they likely ate and pooped all in the insulation and everything else. Most I see like that should just be scrapped and replaced honestly or the always stink when on. A repair would cost 250+ likely for that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!