Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I need to remove a trim piece around the ice dispenser to

Customer Question
paint my fridge. I...
I need to remove a trim piece around the ice dispenser to paint my fridge. I found videos that said it just snaps off and back on. I broke it and see that it actually screws on but I don't know how to get to access the screw heads.
My fridge is a GE Model GSH22KGMBCC
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went through all my CC information and was asked to give it again. I just want to make sure I am only charged one time.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/30/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you. Which part are you referring to that broke?

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/GSH22KGMBCC/0432/0165000.html?searchType=modelSearch&q=GSH22KGMBCC&searchTerm=GSH22KGMBCC

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Refrigerator-Trim-Piece/WR38X10204/914003?modelNumber=GSH22KGMBCC&ss=a4b3d612700&mr=1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WR38X10208
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is the trim that goes around the water dispenser on the freezer door.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have found the part I need at repair clinic but they do not have instructions to install it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent you the link but it is not showing up above. ???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
two of the fastening parts broke off and I can see the tip of a screw inside one. So it must screw on from the back. If I would have seen the replacement part on repair clinic BEFORE I tried to pry it off, I would have known that it would break. The drawing on repair clinic shows the back side and there are screw holes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you familiar with this fridge?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, going to bed. Will check tomorrow.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did I do something wrong? I dealt with just answer before and it was almost instant and I got to choose a tech based on ratings. If I remember correctly, it was also after business hours. This time, I did not get to choose, but got an email that said my tech was on line and had about 13,000 ratings, 5 star. I asked my question and an "assistant" asked me more. After an hour, I was asked same question by a tech with about 600 ratings. I thought we would be good since I am just asking how to remove a piece of trim! My initial question made this clear. The next day, I was told that the tech handed me off to someone else. Will I get an answer? I gave all my credit card information, then was prompted to re-enter it. Maybe my question fell through some cracks.
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no skill but generally do ok with good instructions. I won't get the part for a few days so waiting is fine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried GE appliance and they could only send a diagram of the parts that is on their site.

Can you send me a picture of what broke?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I pulled hard, I broke the trim. I saw that it is screwed in from behind. I need to know what to take off so I can get to screws.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fridge works fine. Just the trim problem.

Let me see the back side of the piece you broken off that should not be screwed in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Trim-Piece/WR38X10204/914003 This is the link for the part. It shows the back of it also.
John, Home Appliance Technician