Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My thermador side by side refrigerator, model KBUIT4250a,

Customer Question

my thermador side by side refrigerator, model KBUIT4250a, s/n FD840712097 ice cuber will not make ice, there is an adequate water supply
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When was the last time that you changed the water filter?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i am not using the filter in the refrigerator, it has been removed i have an in line water system filter that is changed monthly
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
typing this is fine with me

My apologies if the site offered you the phone call it was not from me. Ok so when you try to dispense ice do hear you anything?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no i don't hear anything, i can reach my fingers inside the reservoir there's no water and the paddles seem to turn free, the reservoir is warm as if it were going thru a harvest cycle

You said there is water coming in may I ask how you know that?

If there is water coming in and its warm to the touch (reservoir) means the auger motor is working which only leaves the water maker assembly as the problem.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no there is no water coming in, i can touch the water reservoir with my fingers

ok well then the water lines and the water inlet valve will need to be inspected.

I noticed this question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going and to see if you needed anything further?