Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Bosch wall oven door is locked. It's about 7 year old Bosch

Customer Question

Bosch wall oven door is locked. It's about 7 year old Bosch stainless steel oven. Don't have the model number
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Since I do not have a model number do you happen to have a lock button on your unit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nope
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you going to call ?

ok so what we are going to have to do is try cutting the power off to see if that will reset the board if that does not work you will need to make a hook on the end of a clothes hanger, slide it behind the door from the left side, hook onto the latch at top center, pull back slow and with force to unlock the door.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a wall mounted oven. There is no power plug that I can see

How about trying to turn it off from the circuit breaker.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just did power off the circuit breaker and powered back on. The door is still locked and won't open
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok please no need to followp. This is not very helpful. I will have to call service technician. I hope you guys will not charge my credit card any amount.

Ok so what has happened is your door lock mechanism has failed and will need to be manually opened with the hanger. Then you will need to contact bosch to order a new part for this.

I can send your question in for a refund.