Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Water keeps collecting under and in my crisper drawers. I

Customer Question
Water keeps collecting under and...
Water keeps collecting under and in my crisper drawers. I have no idea why or how to stop it.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: For several weeks. I have kept rolls of paper towels inside the drawers which I constantly have to replace. Then I have to use bath towels to dry the water under them.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I knew what to do, I would do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is it for now. It is very annoying.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/29/2016
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you inspected the condenser coils behind the back panel from the inside of either your fridge or freezer to see if the water is dripping from off of there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I have no idea how to do that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Ok so you will need to find which side you are able to pull the panel out of most of the time there are aiir vents on the panel which will be your indicator for where the panel is at.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are we talking about inside or outside the frig?

the inside

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll have to ask my son to help. I'm an 80 year old widow. I will print out your responses. Any other suggestions as to what is causing this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is only happening inside the frig not the freezer

I believe you will find water dripping off of those. This thread does not have to be closed until we solve this problem so if you need further assistance later I can be here when you need me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I will print this conversation out and show it to my son. How do I contact you again if I need to?

also another thing do you have an ice maker on this unit?

you can bookmark this page to get back to me. Rating does not stop you from reaching me again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in the freezer compartment which is below the frig.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If it is in fact the coils, do I need a repairman?

no you can defrost them with a blow dryer. If it is not them come back to me and we will figure it out.

I noticed this question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going and to see if you needed anything further?

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician