How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Webb-Guy Your Own Question
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1728
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Webb-Guy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Water keeps collecting under and in my crisper drawers. I

Customer Question

Water keeps collecting under and in my crisper drawers. I have no idea why or how to stop it.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: For several weeks. I have kept rolls of paper towels inside the drawers which I constantly have to replace. Then I have to use bath towels to dry the water under them.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I knew what to do, I would do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is it for now. It is very annoying.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you inspected the condenser coils behind the back panel from the inside of either your fridge or freezer to see if the water is dripping from off of there?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I have no idea how to do that.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Ok so you will need to find which side you are able to pull the panel out of most of the time there are aiir vents on the panel which will be your indicator for where the panel is at.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are we talking about inside or outside the frig?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

the inside

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll have to ask my son to help. I'm an 80 year old widow. I will print out your responses. Any other suggestions as to what is causing this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is only happening inside the frig not the freezer
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

I believe you will find water dripping off of those. This thread does not have to be closed until we solve this problem so if you need further assistance later I can be here when you need me.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. I will print this conversation out and show it to my son. How do I contact you again if I need to?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

also another thing do you have an ice maker on this unit?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

you can bookmark this page to get back to me. Rating does not stop you from reaching me again.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
in the freezer compartment which is below the frig.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If it is in fact the coils, do I need a repairman?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

no you can defrost them with a blow dryer. If it is not them come back to me and we will figure it out.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

I noticed this question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going and to see if you needed anything further?