Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Just purchased a new dryer - 3 hours to dry a load of

Customer Question

Just purchased a new dryer - 3 hours to dry a load of towels.......isn't that a bit excessive?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is less than 1 month old - model # w106801288 - whirlpool cabrio dryer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What work? It was installed by a professional appliance service tech...........
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have read all of the troubleshooting tips in the care guide - nothing seems to address this issue...........the drying time is far too long
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

When you stop the dryer do the closes seem hot?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the clothes are hot and damp........

Thanks. I assume the lint filter is clean? Next we need to know about venting. Is it connected to 4" tubing and how far does it go before it gets outside?

When a dryer heats but drys slowly it is almost always restricted venting. When they installed your dryer they may have smashed the vent or if that is okay the vent tubing or the vent hood outside may be clogged with lint. Can you check to see how much air is coming outside when it runs?

Do you still need help?