Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE adora stove's enamal is chipped. I was hoping to

Customer Question

My GE adora stove's enamal is chipped. I was hoping to repair it with Pore-A-Fix but I don't know which color is right. The most common whie color they seem to have is for American Standard appliances, and is called White AS-1. Can you help me They don't have colors listed for GE applances
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'm check now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I plan on doing the work myself because I can't find someone in Boulder Colorado who does the work. Do you know someone? In any case, the model is either CGS975 or CGS985--I'm sure the white color is the same on both
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If you know someone in the area who could do the repair I'd prefer that
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My white GE adora stove's procelain top (not near burner but on the edge next to counter) is chipped. I was hoping to repair it but can't find anyone in the area of Boulder, Colorado who does this. Do you know someone? Alternatively, can you tell me whether one of Pore-a-Fix porcelain touch-up glazes is the right color; they have several but they are listed for American Standard.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Can you please post the complete model number directly from the range?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where can I find it on the range? My instruction book lists two models CGS975 and CGS985. I think the only difference between them is that one has two oven. Mine has only one oven. It would be very surprising if the white porcelain on them was different. I will have to sort through
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

The tag should be on the bottom, behind the drawer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Look....I don't want to spend this much money just to find someone who can fix it for me. I can always go to the people who sold it to me (Home Depot) and ask them for help. I was hoping that you had a porcelain repair kit with the right color but if you don't I'll look for a technician to come out to my house and help me, and I'd rather not pay $24.00 for a recommendation of a technician.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

That is an auto offer, sorry it has upset you. I have no control over those.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

I just need the model number from the range, that's all.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK . I can't find the model number. Is it somewhere accessible on the stove? Otherwise I'm going to have to sort through a bunch of papers, and this won't be quick.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Never mind...you already sent me this information....I'm going to check now
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The model number is: JGB605DET2WW....Thanks, ***** ***** for sounding grumpy earlier.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

That is better, thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

GE has their own touch up paint for their porcelain. I I will get you a link to it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Great....Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

The link below is to the paint you will need.

CLICK HERE

I apologize for the confusion earlier, I know it can be frustrating. Have a great weekend!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Please rate 5 stars at the top of the page. You can still follow up at any point at no additional charge!