Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Maytag model MBF 2558HES ice maker does not work. I have

Customer Question

maytag model MBF 2558HES ice maker does not work. I have replaced the ice maker, door switch, and inlet valve.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

You have replaced all the components of the ice maker system, the only other causes could be a wiring issue somewhere that is not allowing voltage to the ice maker itself or the freezer is not getting cold enough for the ice maker to start a harvest cycle. The freezer section must get between 0° to 2° before it will make ice, if the unit has a defrost issue, a fan issue or a sealed system issue that is not allowing the freezer to get cold enough the ice maker will not make ice.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you.

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?