Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

If we stay the washer empty it runs through the cycle, but

Customer Question
Hi! If we...
Hi! If we stay the washer empty it runs through the cycle, but is very noisy on the spin cycle. When there are clothes in it it turns once, stops and the door needs to be unlocked manually. The add a farmant light is also on. We trotted to replace the motor control unit, did not help.
Please help! Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/29/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When you say you replaced the motor control unit are you referring to the control board? If the lock keeps locking up on you it could be that the lock mechanism is the problem. Does this happen every time? Lets try putting your unit into diagnostics mode and see if any codes come up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the control board. We cannot figure out how to put it into diagnostic mode.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok I have the service manual for your unit I just sent over an offer for it if you do not mind to accept that and i can send the full manual to you.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

That way we can get a better picture of what we are looking at.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already have the manual
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

the service manual with the diagnostics information in it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is nothing in there on how to put it into diagnostic mode
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see. I am not in front of the washer now. Can we continue tomorrow?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

That is perfectly fine. I will be here when you need me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It Gave me an f29 followed by C01 c08 h02 u15 u 14 u00 h02 c00 n00 nc 189 c00 c02 filling c03 c04
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. By the way!
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello again :)

So obviously as you already knew your door lock is failing you and will more than likely need replaced but it also seems your inlet valve is giving you trouble as well.

0662f729-a74d-4e6f-8638-...jpg0662f72...jpga301f1ea-9747-4b47-b799-...jpga301f1e...jpge973dfb9-5b72-4081-97ff-...jpge973dfb...jpg
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about the third link, the motor control unit?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Well with the other things I worry that its just giving an off reading to the control board so I wanted to have the other two checked out first.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I mean it could make sense as to why the door never wants to unlock and the water reading off would be if the board is bad so it could be the root to everything. I would like you to make sure that the lock has nothing in there obstructing it from locking or unlocking. Then we need to make sure the water inlet valve is functioning correctly. It can actually be checked with a multimeter if you have one. If both of those are ok then the problem is with the control board itself and it will need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We tried replacing the mcu already. ..
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

When did you replace it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We replaced it the other day and nothing changed. We replaced the door unit this evening and are still getting the f29.. ANY IDEAS?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

The f29 unit is the door lock error now you said you replaced the door unit what exactly do you mean by that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We replaced the door lock unit and it didn't help..
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

This is making no sense you are getting the error for the door lock being the issue and replacing the door lock did not help. That typically means that your control board is the problem but you said you replaced that as well correct? I am running out of ideas. Have you had a chance to test your water inlet valve yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We just replaced the water valve and it is currently running a diagnostic mode as it did not work. We did replace the MCU, but since it didn't work we took it back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After Diagnostic mode is still giving a f29.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Door strike. Tomorrow. Luckily RepairClinic.com is 15 minutes from and I can get the parts same day. Will the door strike really make a difference?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

it can if you have replaced the door mechanism and that did not work and neither did the MCU its all that is left. I am happy that they are so close to you that is awesome. Let me know what happens please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The strike plate didn't work either . Wet now have a new door lock, strike plate and water intake. We triedthe mcu and still have a f29
travis webb
travis webb
travis webb