Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My GE advantium speed cooker stopped working. No power to

Customer Question
My GE advantium speed cooker...
My GE advantium speed cooker stopped working. No power to anything. This happened in the middle of cooking some broccoli. I replaced the fuse already and nothing changed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a PSB1001NSS. Built in 2011.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have the service panels open and the front display open.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/28/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This will be very difficult, but i will try.

Yes, the entire thing needs to be pulled out to access it. I suspect that fuse is open. Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It had continuity.

Do you know what the magnetron is?

On the side of it is a thermal fuse in line with the neutral side of the power. Can you test it for continuity?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did and it does not. One thing that troubles me is that I plugged the unit in and jumped the contacts with a screwdriver and still nothing. Shouldn't that turn the front panel on?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The output side seems sealed. But I dont seem to have any voltage on the input side.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found a 20A fuse and replaced it, but the one I took out had continuity so I'm not sure it was bad. So I'm not sure.

Is it lighting up now with the new fuse?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. It is the same. The fuse was the first thing I replaced. Is there somewhere I can test after the fuse and before the transformer that you would suggest? I have 123v when I put the red tester on the left side of the fuse and the black on the neutral line going into the circuit board, but when I move the red tester to the right side and leave the black on the nurtral I have nothing. Is that where the issue is? This happens with the original fuse and the new one.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is the fuse I replaced.

Okay, do you have 120 VAC at the input connector? How about at the output connectors?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have 124v at the input and the output.

Okay, but no voltage to the transformer input?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope. Nothing at the transformer.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does this explain why there is no power to the transformer? I would think that gets power prior to the control panel. Maybe not.

If you follow the black and white wires that are the input for the low voltage transformer, they feed from the relay board.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Please rate 5 stars at the top of the page. You can still follow up at any point at no additional charge!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. I have power there I believe. I ordered the board you recommended and will let you know what happened when I do the install. Thanks.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bad news. I installed the part you recommended and no change. Still no power to front panel. Any ideas?
Kelly, Appliance Technician