Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My bosch Ascenta dishwasher keep showing that it is clean

Customer Question

My bosch Ascenta dishwasher keep showing that it is clean after running for about 30-60 seconds and then there is water left at the bottom. I have removed the cylinder filter and there is nothing stuck in there, washed it anyway and reinstalled and it still does not wori
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 1 1/2 yr
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Last week I cleaned that drum filter and after that it washed a full cycle but still water at the bottom, now it does not wash a full cycle and just beeps to say it is clean after a minute or so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

When the dishwasher ends after a minute or less, it means the dishwasher detected a problem with the initial drain sequence. The drain pump was pulling more amperage than designed so it cuts out. You would need to remove the pump from below the dishwasher and make sure there isn't debris hitting it. If that all checks good then you'll need to replace the drain pump because it has failed and is drawing too much power.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was hoping a video to show me how to do it or where those parts are.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I better off to go on youtube, cheaper
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

I'm not sure what to say. Youtube isn't going to tell you what is wrong with your dishwasher as I have.