Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have whirlpool microwave #wmh31017as it cut off give code

Customer Question

i have whirlpool microwave #wmh31017as it cut off give code F2E1. when i unplug it wait few min. it come on but repeats the same.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its 15 months old #WMH31017as
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depend on how easy it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it happen in the evening when i have the radio on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Alright so let's explain what your error code means to start with. This error means that your touch control panel has shorted. This is not something you can just reset. You'll need to order and replace the touch control panel in order to resolve the issue. You'll need part number 2 on the diagram in the link below. There are several parts listed for part number 2 and the only difference is the color, but since they don't list which color is which part number, you'll need to call them a parts company directly to order the correct part for your model and color.

CLICK HERE for parts

Replacing the part isn't too difficult if you're handy. You will need to unplug the microwave to start and then remove the screws coming in from above the vent above the door. Remove that vent panel and it will expose a screw at the top of the control panel. Now you can remove this screws and the control panel will slide up and hinge forward and down.

Now this unit is barely over a year old so I might start by calling Whirlpool and see if they will help you out since it's just over warranty.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?