Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a model KSRP25FSBL01 the ice dispenser motor turns

Customer Question

i have a model KSRP25FSBL01 the ice dispenser motor turns but the arm inside the ice storage tray doesnt move.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: kitchen aid 10 yrs model KSRP25FSBL01
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It looks like the motor shaft doesnt engage the storage arm
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

If you're certain the auger motor is turning, then either the coupler is worn down or stripped out, or the bucket isn't seated all the way down properly. Make sure the bucket is seated properly. To do that, open the door, tape the light switch in, and then push the ice dispenser paddle. Push in the release button on the right side of the bucket and wiggle the bucket to seat it down as far as it'll go. If it won't engage with the shaft, you need to replace the coupler on the top of the auger motor shaft right below the bucket. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for coupler

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?