Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Maytag dishwasher series quiet 200. Wife complains door

Customer Question

Maytag dishwasher series quiet 200. Wife complains door won't open flat, so lower rack won't roll out and stay out. I thought it was just designed that way. Is there an adjustment?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

If you remove the bottom kick panel, you will see where the springs attach for the door, you can move them to make them tighter or looser as needed..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Did you find what I was talking about?

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

okay

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's not a matter of spring tension. The door does not open far enough. When "fully" open, the door is still at a slant up. You can't roll out the lower tray and load it because the slant makes it roll back in. I wondered if there is a hinge adjustment but your response about adjusting the spring tension is no help at all.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

I'll opt out then

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer what is the model number of your dishwasher?