Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I am trying to remove the bottom front panel form my Maytag

Customer Question
Centennial dryer MEDC700VW0. I...
I am trying to remove the bottom front panel form my Maytag Centennial dryer MEDC700VW0. I have never fixed a dryer before so I am a REAL novice
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: we bought it at Lowes almost 7 years ago?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i would like to try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the dryer is making a really loud squealing noise when we try to use it. from looking on the internet, it sounds like it might be the drum rollers if it has them I would like to take it apart and check out the belt and the rollers
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/28/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you and I will be right with you.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you see anything down there with screws or anything?

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

If you are trying to inspect the belt and drum rollers you need to remove the back panel not the bottom.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is making a really loud squealing/screeching noise when I turn the dryer on. It is really really loud. Could it be something besides the drum roller?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

That does sound possibly like a belt to me but in order to be sure of that the back panel will need to be taken off.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a508021adb6/Instruction%20Sheet%20-%20W10483393%20-%20Rev%20A.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The back panel will not come off. It is welded to the cabinet at the top corners beneath the control panel which we have loosened. It really seems like the bottom front panel needs to come off
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

It is accessed through the back even if you go through the front bottom panel you will be unable to reach it from there. You will need to remove the top first and undo the screws in the back to get the back off. Are you saying its welded to the cabinet itself? The front bottom should either be screwed on with 3-4 screws on the sides I believe or just push up and slide out.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a5080209553/Repair%20Part%20List%20-%20W10224250%20-%20Rev%20A.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The back really does not unattach from the sides of the cabinet -- it is one piece with three sides. The drum rollers and other parts must be accessed from the front by taking out the drum. we can see the clips that hold the bottom panel on but we cannot figure out how to get the bottom panel off. The top front panel that holds the door is screwed to the cabinet at the bottom just under the top of the bottom panel
I am waving the white flag of surrender and calling the appliance store tomorrow to see if they have a repair person available. I tried. Thanks Travis
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

You are welcome I understand please do keep me updated to let me know how they access it please.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb