Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

Whirlpool refrig model ed5lvaxooo ice maker ,makes ice ,wont

Customer Question

whirlpool refrig model ed5lvaxooo ice maker ,makes ice ,wont despence ice,how do we take front cover off the ice & water
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Steve. Please give me a moment to look up this model.

So for this model, there is a trick to removing the dispenser cover.

The bottom of the dispenser is held in my a few hidden tabs.

Answer: Remove the catch tray at the bottom of the dispenser first. You then have to carefully but firmly pull the bottom of the dispenser cover down, being careful not to pull down too hard. You will want to pull it down and forward until it releases. Once released, you can push up on the cover to release it from the top. You will probably need to try it several times before you can get it off.

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: Since I have taken the time to help, please help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer -

I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and that you get a direct link back to me for followup questions. . Any follow up questions to me will be free. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.