Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Dishwasher will fill and drain 3 times and never run the

Customer Question

dishwasher will fill and drain 3 times and never run the wash cycle.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Danby DDW1988WP and I don't know how to run test cycle.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have replaced the control board, pump, pressure switch, and temp sensor.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model is DDW1899WP-1
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That means the motor is either seized or bad. After it fills it will try and start the main motor if it does not it will try 3 times and that is it. Normally this unit is not worth repairing for that issue do to part cost and availability. It will need a new main motor to fix it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!