How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Whrlp Master Tech Your Own Question
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9943
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Whrlp Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need Natural gas orifice spuds for my Jenn-air,

Customer Question

I need Natural gas orifice spuds for my Jenn-air, model#CVGX2423B. The maual indicated 2 silver, 1 red and 1 black spud. I've had no luck finding them. I have seen a generic spud with no color indication. Will that work? or do I need to keep looking?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Expressions Sealed gas downdraft cooktop. Guessing 8-10 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

do you need all the burner orifices or just a curtain burner ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need all 4. Two silver, one black, and one red.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

ok the colors are for the L/p conversion kit the Natural gas orifices do not have colors .

the burners on Natural gas are all 15,000 BTU you will need to order four of these .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

If you have any questions just reply back to me

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the help. Interesting, it seems the manual has it wrong. I will order them, thanks again.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

ok for some reason my last post is not here DO NOT order the part I sent you the link to !1

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK,will wait to hear back from you.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

here is the orifice holder and orifice for the Left rear .

the left front and right rear

and then the final one Right front .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

y\if when the unit was converted to L/p if the orifices were not saved then to get the Natural gas orifices you will have to order the holder and orifices that is the only way to get new Natural gas orifices.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK, that explains it.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

yea! They get you coming and going!!