Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a 20 year old Frost Free Kitchen Aide refrigerator.

Customer Question
It keeps on beeping but...
I have a 20 year old Frost Free Kitchen Aide refrigerator. It keeps on beeping but I don't know why or what to do.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Ops ! That's a 20 -year old "Frost Free" Magic Chef.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't access it.

The model tag should be inside the refrigerator section, either on a side wall or on the ceiling.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your right! I had to stand on my head but this is what I found:740 King Edward
37311

Hmm, the model should look like HMG1234AB1 or something. Any other numbers on there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry. I've never crawled into a refrigerator before. There's more:RB23GN3A
115V 60HZ

Bingo, thank you! You have learned a new skill, fridge crawling! :-)

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

This model is all mechanical control, there is nothing that will beep. Could it be a squeak or squeal from the freezer section maybe?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What would be the cause for the freezer, which is filled to capacity, to squeal or squeak?

The evaporator fan that moves the air is common to chirp, some describe it as a "bird being in the freezer" when it begins.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll mention that this sound has been going on for over a week. It's been difficult determining which appliance has been causing it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your help Kelly. I'll check that out.

There are only two moving parts, the fan in the freezer and the fan down by the compressor. The compressor would not make any high pitched noises, so I don't suspect it. Does the sound go off regularly?

I believe the issue is with the freezer fan. It is mounted behind the rear wall, inside the freezer.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician