Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

A 2" x 2" item has worked its way in between the tub and

Customer Question

a 2" x 2" item has worked its way in between the tub and drum of our whirlpool w10441073a washer.... how can we get it out?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 yeares old... wfw70hebwo
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: at first it was clattering softly... now it has turned and is smoothly sliding around
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You would have to remove the top and the front of the machine then you can get to the sump boot that is connected to the bottom of the tub. Disconnect the sump boot and then you can use a pick tool to get the object to that hole and get it out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!