How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 22545
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I can text you a picture of this down draft top from AIR

Customer Question

i can text you a picture of this down draft cook top from JEN AIR Anew model was quoted at $13,000 recently. in any case the grease trap bottle rusted out and fell apart. unit was put into service in 1992. it is a gas unit.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: thanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: were do i find the model number, yes i will do it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how to repair it will be the other issue
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The model number should be on a tag on the downdraft cabinet, or perhaps near the front panel by the grease bottle door.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think i see but i have to get back to you tomorrow for the rest of the question.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Sure, no worries, thank you! Have a peaceful evening.....

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Mr. Kelly, here is the model number that you requested: CG206B
serial # 12891 8DU
so now the question is how to repair/replace the grease bottle, cap for which is rusted out and useless.
one of the operating knobs (this turns on the gas to one of the back burners) is broken where can I find a replacement and how to fix it.Thanks,Saleem
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thank you! The knob is available below.


The lid is available below.


The glass jar is available below.


Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!