Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do we get the F8 code to stop beeping? Just started

Customer Question

How do we get the F8 code to stop beeping?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just started while trying to start the self cleaning
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

F8 means that your door latch isn't working properly which is why the issue came up when self cleaning. Try to reset power to the oven by unplugging the unit or resetting the circuit breaker. If you can open the door still wiggle the door latch hook in case it's just sticking. Other than that if the issue won't reset, the latch needs to be replaced to resolve the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?