Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Asko D3250 keeps leaking into the drip pan underneath and

Customer Question
causing the pump to run...
Asko D3250 keeps leaking into the drip pan underneath and causing the pump to run continuously. This has been an intermittent problem and sometimes goes a while and then acts up again. Is there a bad seal that is causing the pan to fill?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Brand new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/26/2016
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Are you getting any error codes when this is happening?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe so. One of the wash cycle lights is usually blinking. I just sponged all of the water out so not sure which one.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is often water left in the bottom of the dishwasher when it is finished wasing

Does the delicate light sound like the one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Heavy wash
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The heavy wash light blinks

ok so this can mean a few things are the problem here. Your water inlet valve could possibly be the problem but I am leaning more towards the drain pump being at fault or the the float switch. I am leaning mostly to the float switch .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The float switch seems to be working. When the pan gets full is when the pump continues to run. When I remove the water from overflow/flood pan the pump motor stops and then everything works fine again for a while until it fills again. Sometimes within a few days, sometimes within a few months

http://stores.dishwasher-repair-parts.com/float-switch-8073835/

The float switch is supposed to tell the control board that it is full and what is happening is your water is draining into the drip pan because it is overflowing. So in order to fix this issue you would need to replace the float switch .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see. So this must be a different float switch.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This dishwasher doesn't have a float switch inside the dishwasher near the lower rack.

Were you able to find your float switch?

I noticed this question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going and to see if you needed anything further?

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician