John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE range Model P2S920SEF1SS. I dropped something

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a GE range Model P2S920SEF1SS. I dropped something down the vent at the back and was wondering the best way to get it out.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, I dropped an electrical cap from the range hood above it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer,

Normally we use a long flexible magnetic pick up tool to get something like that. How far down did it go?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can't tell, it's not magnetic.
Trying to get a diagram of the vent path, maybe it's accessible if I pull the stove away from the wall.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the diagram. It shows the interior oven, but it doesn't clearly show any vent paths from the top back of the stove. I'll try pulling it away from the wall to see if there is access from a back panel. Thanks.