Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WASHING machine Amana type 58787 Mod NTW 455oyqo Ser

Customer Question

WASHING machine Amana type 58787 Mod NTW 455oyqo Ser C32521741
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: mod4550yq0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i have ben machine teck; 40yrs
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the washine machine on spen cycle sounds like it has a load of shoes in it . verry loud.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

If you're getting a lot of noise on the spin cycle and it's not a squealing noise like a bad bearing, then it means your transmission is going out or possibly the pulley below the transmission needs the center bolt tightened if it has loosened. Below is a video on replacing the transmission and in the video you'll see the pulley that needs to be removed to replace the transmission but you can tighten it as well if it's loose.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?