Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Our dishwasher has not been completely drying/rinsing

Customer Question

Hi. Our dishwasher has not been completely drying/rinsing lately. Today the red button was flashing which indicates "cancel drain." Apparently the cycle is finished, but now it won't turn on again. We unplugged it & plugged it in hoping to reset it. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your dishwasher. What it sounds like has happened is your control board has went bad on you and is going to need to be replaced.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Dishwasher-Main-Control-Board/WPW10285180/1874822?modelNumber=665.13893K801&ss=a9b6i1995d878160&mr=1

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I do not want to be charged the additional $23 for your reply. We found out through You Tube that there is a reset code for our model. We did the reset & now our machine is working again. You would have cost us time & money in the way of repair and/or a new machine by telling us our control board was out. Please refund the $23.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

I will have your question refunded now. I am glad you got this back to working.