Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have whirlpool gas dryer. mod lgr6620pq1. when cool glow

Customer Question

I have whirlpool gas dryer. mod lgr6620pq1. when cool glow plug glows and gas ignite in chamber --dowsn'
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: doesn't stay on long then goes out
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes---10 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like your ignitor is the problem and is going to need to be replaced.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Dryer-Igniter/279311/3415?modelNumber=LGR6620PQ1&ss=a8b5i1759d654434&mr=1

part testing

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Dryer-Igniter/279311/3415?modelNumber=LGR6620PQ1&ss=a8b5i1759d654434&mr=1#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

I noticed your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you needed anything further?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Have you had a moment to check on the ignitor?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I went to the parts store and told them the symptoms the said it was definitely not the ignitor. It was the two gas cylanoidsi. I changed them and everything is working fine