John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My side by side G E refrigerator TFX26PP (not TFX25PP) light

Customer Question

My side by side G E refrigerator TFX26PP (not TFX25PP) light went out (bulb tested good). The unit seems to be runningOK. The fan in the bottom back is running and the tube from the compressor is cold. Air is coming into the box and the food seems to be cold. Any suggestion as to why the lights went out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello, this is Steve. Have you tried a different bulb?

Sometimes the contacts on the bulb get buildup on them and they do not make a good connection.

Likewise where the bulb screws in the contact that makes contact with the center of the bulb gets dirty or retracted.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, Your answer did not help. I had already figured it out myself. How much do I have to pay you?