Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag refrigerator, model #12569veb, that has

Customer Question
suddenly begun to freeze salad...
i have a Maytag refrigerator, model #12569veb, that has suddenly begun to freeze salad greens, fresh veggies and even boiled eggs. i have reset the temp contrrol from 38to 46 (as warm as it will go). still have the problem
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/22/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you open the right refrigerator door and inspect the seal on the left door (number 13 at the link below), do you see gaps in that seal that would allow freezing air to leak?

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hard to tell. i don't know what it is supposed to look like.

It should be totally sealing the ice chute opening, no gaps between the seal and the ice maker area.

Is there a number at the end of the model number? Early models have a kit out for the issue you are having.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no', no number. are we talking about the ice maker seal flap?

No, there is a seal at the door when shut that keeps the ice maker air from leaking into the fresh food section. Yours is one of the early models that will require a kit be installed. Would you like that information?

The attached tech sheet shows the issue.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

It comes with complete instructions.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. This was informative.

You are very welcome!

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician