Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Our Samsung does not heat up. Replaced element, still no

Customer Question
heat. Checked the relay it's...
Our Samsung does not heat up. Replaced element, still no heat. Checked the relay it's 120 on each leg
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: DV419AEW XAA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Also tested the Thermostat high limit.=.2 and the Thermal cutoff and it was .2. so all looks good
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/22/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dryer. Hopefully we can get this solved for you. Since all of the heating components are all in good working condition that only leaves one thing. The main control board which is going to need to be replaced.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Samsung-Dryer-Main-Control-Board/DC9200257A/2073739?modelNumber=DV419AEWXAA&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b160d951473

This is the part for your unit. The problem is its not telling your components to function properly and will need to be replaced.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I troubleshoot control board. I already checked the outputs of the relay. The seem good
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also what can cause the control board to fail?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Flogged vent system maybe?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

The control board can fail for any reason. They just wear over time and they are not made like they used to be so they fail easily. Either way there is no testing the control board only replacing. In the event it does not solve your problem which I do not believe will be the case but if it did not the site I sent you to will take it back for free.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried getting the control board from repair clinic. Did not work. Same Problem. I suspected that this would not work as I was getting the correct voltages out of the original control Board. Now What.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here are the #'s I got when I tested the items :
Heating Element = 9.7 Ohms Mine at 9.7
Thermostat High Limit = .1 Mine at .2
Thermal Cutoff for High Limit = .1 Mine at .2
travis webb
travis webb
travis webb