Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

2 Issues. 1. GE front load dryer. MOD: GTDP490GDoWS It won't

Customer Question
2 Issues. 1. GE front...
2 Issues.
1. GE front load dryer. MOD: GTDP490GDoWS
It won't turn off. It just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning. Even when you open the door during a cycle, it will start right back up when you shut the door instead of pushing the start button.
2. Amana top load washer. MOD# NTW46651BQ0
It will not shut off after it runs a cycle. Once it is completed on it's last rinse, it goes straight to the beginning and starts filling with water. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/22/2016
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

The dryer not stopping is due to a faulty door switch.Manufacturer #WE4M416

The washer will need the control board replaced. Manufacturer #W10636056

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would a faulty door switch keep the timer from advancing and the cycle from ending?

This would be a control board fault.

I see this question is still open, do u need more help? Please remember I only get paid for helping you when you rate me 5 stars at the top of your page. Please do so now, Thanks.

AppTech8579
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician