Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I replaced control panel on my whirlpool duet washer because

Customer Question
its JA: Can you guesstimate how...
I replaced control panel on my whirlpool duet washer because its
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it was reading 888 code. That's someone said was wrong. However new panel is now reading same code
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Ghw9150pw0. Probablt pribably 20 yrs. replaced circuit board a few yrs back
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just need to know how to clear the 888 code I think so I can run diagnostic trst
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/21/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to open up your manual and I will be right with you.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

When you press anything on your control panel does it do anything? I want to try and run a diagnostic test.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it does nothpng
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it does nothing
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

now was there an 888 on it before you replaced the control panel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's why I replace. I was told that's what I need to do. Now I have the same code
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Hmmm let me look into something for you and I will be right back with you. Sorry you are having to deal with something like this. Was the board brand new that you put on the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No but was guarenteed to work. Bought on ebay
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I sadly think the problem is with that control board and you may want to send it back. 888 is not an error code for whirlpool which tells me the board is not working.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The other one was reading exact same thing
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I am referring to the main control board being the problem. This is the part I am talking about

http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/a11b5i1995d648257/Model-GHW9150PW0-Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Main-Control-Board-Parts

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Are you still with me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just replaced it 2 yrs ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never had that code when I replaced it
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

You replaced the control board or the main control board recently? The problems are not always the same but the fact that your receiving a code that is not something from whirlpool the only options for fixing it is either the control board or main control board.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb