Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a PVM9179SF1SS microwave/convection oven that is

Customer Question
totally dead. It is...
I have a PVM9179SF1SS microwave/convection oven that is totally dead. It is fairly new.
We have checked the breaker and wall socket and there is no problem there. What next?
Thank you.
Susan
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/21/2016
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Any sounds when trying to make a selection?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please send information
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No need to call. I am not willing to accept additional charges.

You will need to replace the control board to fix this.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

You have an open fuse located behind the control panel inside the microwave - fairly common problem

Go to www.repairclinic.com and type in part number WB27X10388 to see a picture of the fuse and watch the video

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will not know if your analysis is correct for a few days so will have to wait until then, when new fuse is installed to determine the value of the information provided.
Can you tell me what can be done if the microwave works but not the convection oven?

Did it not work before this happened ? If it DID work and it is the fuse , then it should work too.

Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician