Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Ice maker compartment does not get cold enough to freeze

Customer Question
water. I press test...
My Ice maker compartment does not get cold enough to freeze water. I press test the motor makes a cycle then fills the tray with water....then nothing. I added some ice out of a bag and in the morning the ice had melted. I ran the manual defrost but there does not seem to be any ice/frost buildup anywhere in the fridge/freezer.
Model number RF4267HARS
Freezer set to -22 C
Fridge set to +1 C
Ice maker is not disabled.
Water comes out of the dispenser and does fill the ice tray
I have changed the water filter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Samsung
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ice bucket enclosure is 15C. Fridge 5C which it is set for and freezer -22C which it is set at.
10/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Any flashing segments on the display numbers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing flashing. Everything is operating normal except the for the ice bucket area being warm
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I emptied the fridge and freezer this morning and unplugged it.

How long has it been unplugged?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
30 min to 1hr

Okay, it is likely that there is a frost obstruction in the ducting to the ice maker area. I would leave the doors open for 24 hours to allow a full thaw. With no error displays, it is likely to just need defrosting. Are you able to allow that much time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am

I suspect a full thaw will restore operation. If you still have problems after thawing, it is likely to be an air flow issue (fan motor, damper, etc). Keep me posted, I will be available if it hangs up again!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician