Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My fisher and paykel dishwasher stops at the same time on

Customer Question
wash cycles. We just replaced...
my fisher and paykel dishwasher stops at the same time on wash cycles. We just replaced the control panel. Is there a reset that we need to do?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: ds605 fisher paykel 1 drawer dishwasher
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. the dishwasher is in an rv and we can not find a service center that will work on it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we have replaced the pump several weeks ago and just but the new control panel in day
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There is no reset, per se. How long into the cycle is it stopping? Any flashing lights?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
main wash cycle stops at 58 min and the fast stops at 28 mins... no error message or flashing lights

Does it go totally dead when it stops or what exactly happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it just continues washing and stays on the stuck time

Ah, okay, so it keeps running but will not advance. That sounds like a heater issue. If you open the drawer, is the water hot and steamy?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the water is hot

Hmm, so the temperature sensor must not be recognizing that since the control has been replaced.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what would the temperature sensor have to do with continuous cycle

If the temperature sensor does not recognize the water is heating as it should, it will continue to run the cycle until it gets satisfied. It will not allow the wash cycle to complete if it thinks it is washing in cold water, it will continue to wash and heat.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where is the temperature sensor located

The sensor is part of the heater plate assembly. It will need to be replaced as an assembly. In the diagram at the link below, number 16 is the heater plate assembly. Does this look like something you are wanting to undertake?

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello are you still there?

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not sure... if it is this part why is there not an error code showing during the cycle
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello

Are you stopping the cycle after you notice it is running for an extended period?

Please forgive the delay in replying, it takes a little bit to respond. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we stop the dishwasher and change the cycle to rinse cycle and dry cycle

So that is probably why you are not seeing an error. All the control knows is that the water is not hot enough. So, it will keep the cycle going with the heater energized until it gets hot enough. It will run and attempt to heat for 3 hours before it will display the F4 heater error.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you not sure what to do next

Well, the heater will need to be replaced. I will get you the part link and a video so you know what it all entails.

The link below is to the part you will need.

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you know what temp the water should be during the wash cycle

Around 150-165* F. If it reaches more than 185* F, it will go into a heater lockout mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you for your help

Absolutely my pleasure, thank you!

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician